RE: NANFA-- Virus check

Gay (ghemsath_at_att.net)
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:34:50 -0800

Hello
I suspect those were spoofed messages, that is forged From: headers.
I receive lots of messages from all sorts of people I don't know (and some I
do) with
virus attachments. I just assume these days that the addresses are spoofed.
Some of the modern worms and viruses even contain their own SMTP engines
for sending out these bloody things.
Gay
Alaska

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanfa_at_aquaria.net On Behalf
Of Moontanman_at_aol.com
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2003 5:32 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: NANFA-- Virus check

Hey guys, I keep getting messages from people and organizations I don't
know,
or have even heard of saying I sent them an e-mail message that was
suspected
to have a virus in it so it was rejected and sent back to me. I just
recently
updated my virus service with the best (my) money could buy. It says I have
no virus. I know I didn't send some of these messages because they are to
people I wouldn't e-mail for any reason, some are to corporations. None are
to or
from anyone I know. I know that other people using other online services
have
my or very similar screen names. Evidently lot of copycats out there think
Moontanman is cool, but only I could have that name on AOL. Also none of my
other
online accounts are showing these strange messages, What could be up?

Moon