Re: NANFA-- Virus check

Jay DeLong (thirdwind_at_att.net)
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:47:18 -0700

<x-flowed>
At 09:31 PM 8/24/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey guys, I keep getting messages from people and organizations I don't know,
>or have even heard of saying I sent them an e-mail message that was suspected
>to have a virus in it so it was rejected and sent back to me. I just recently
>updated my virus service with the best (my) money could buy. It says I have
>no virus. I know I didn't send some of these messages because they are to
>people I wouldn't e-mail for any reason, some are to corporations.

I'm getting the same. I think it's the sobig virus that's all the rage
right now. I think we have the misfortune of having somebody with the
virus having our email addresses in their address book. It goes out from
the infected person's computer as though it's from us and tries to spread
itself through corporate networks, and then the company firewall catches it
and sends a message back to us instead of the infected sender. I probably
have some of these details wrong but I haven't been paying much attention
since I'm being assured by Norton my antivirus definitions are
updated. Besides I've been playing away from my computer and again have
confirmed to myself that life away from a computer is just as good or
better. Need proof?

last week in the Idaho Rockies
http://home.att.net/~stonecrop/upclosesawtooths2.jpg
http://home.att.net/~stonecrop/sawtoothlake2.jpg