Re: NANFA-- hygrometer
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 09:18:30 EST

In a message dated 12/1/01 8:29:47 AM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

<< Does anyone know of a commercially available hygrometer sensitive enough to
calculate a salinity of 2ppt? I have the both the floating glass type, and
the plastic rectangular box with the floating arrow, but neither type is
sensitive enough.

You'll either have to go with a refractometer (around $100) or a salinity
test tit....I've used one by Lamotte (I'd guess $30-50). Either will work,
but I like the refractometer better.


/"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to
/ For a digest version, send the command to
/ instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,