Re: NANFA-- That whole sandbed thing.

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 16:06:04 EST

SGraber_at_sauder.com writes:

> As I understand it, lava rock has a considerable amount of phosphorus and
> other trace elements bound up in the rock at high concentrations. However
> I've never seen any data on this to back this claim up either.

You may be right, I was thinking of mixing powdered lava rock with my
mushroom compost and spreading a thin layer of it under about 3" of fine
sand. I am hoping that will somewhat isolate the nutrients from the water
column. Does anyone know if lava rock contains iron in a form that is
available to plants?

Moon