Re: NANFA-- Flagfin-Bluehead hy....What!?

Mysteryman (bestfish_at_alaweb.com)
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:54:22 -0800

PKUKULS_at_cs.com wrote:

> Info for all discussants:
> I went to plan B, hybridization, and a small piece of scientific knowledge was gained.

I figured people would gripe.
They called you mad at the consortium.
They called you mad at the university.
Heck, they called you mad at rodeo clown college.
Still, you dared to dream, and now we may have some new tidbit of data
to add to the pool of scientific knowledge.
One day they'll make a beer commercial in tribute to you! :)

On a more serious note, I feel you, dude. You're no Josef Mengele, but
I'm glad to see that you're not one to let something silly like ethics
stand in the way of your pursuit of discovery.

Okay, it wasn't THAT serious a note, but I hope you can figure out what
I'm really trying to say. You can't learn to swim in the kiddie pool.
Since we all seem to be unable to assert whether hybrid cyprinids are
genarally fertile or sterile, the merit of such a cross is obvious, so
don't let 'em bug you. You know you are responsible, and so do we all.