Re: NANFA-- Recipe book for fish... last call

Travis Haas (madtom15_at_hotmail.com)
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:45:59 PST

>From: shireen_at_stsci.edu (Shireen Gonzaga)
>- How to go about maintaining a balanced diet (ie. knowing
> about the fish's natural history and what it would be
> eating in the wild), how to spot nutritional deficiencies
> in your fish, overfeeding/underfeeding, etc.

What about including a semi-detailed desciption of natural foods for each
family of n.a. native fishes? In other words, we should tell the reader
exactly what the fish would be eating had it not been stuck in an aquarium.
I think that would make the book at least a little bit more comprehensive
and for those lazy fishkeepers out there who despise independent research,
it would give them at least a good start in choosing an appropriate diet for
their fish. After reading the section on a specific family's natural diet,
the aquarist could refer to the recipe portion of the book to choose a
recipe which would most closely match the fish's natural diet.

Travis Haas