Re: NANFA-- more on Shireen's distant relative

Shireen Gonzaga (grw70d5824_at_yahoo.com)
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:31:40 -0800 (PST)

--- Christopher Scharpf <ichthos_at_charm.net> wrote:
> HOW SHARK-LIKE ARE WE?
> >Newly found fossils suggest that we're much more

I guess we're more closely related to them
that we ever suspected! :-)

Personally, I'm proud to add them to my family
tree. They are simply beautiful creatures!

Once, while on a pelagic birding trip at the
Hudson Canyon (about 90 miles off NJ), we had
a visit from a gorgeous blue shark. We had been
chumming to attract shearwaters, and Mr. Shark
came to check it out. Oh! I'll never forget that
moment. He was magnificent!

It's nice to see them in public aquariums, but
seeing them in the wild is such an awesome
experience.

Katrina and Jeff, have you encountered any during
your diving adventures?

- shireen

=====