Re: NANFA-- Mean Fish

archimed_at_netdoor.com
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:48:09 -0600

On 28 Jan 2001, at 17:53, Bruce Stallsmith wrote:

> I'm at a loss to explain a bizarrely aggressive F. escambiae female. I have
> a large tank in which I keep Fundulus olivaceus, F. notti and F. catenatus
> together with no agonistic behaviors. I've never kept either escambiae or
> lineolatus so I can't really comment. But the three species I'm keeping
> together get along well with various shiners and darters, too.

My olivaceous don't get along with each other, never mind their
tankmates. "There can be only one!"

Prost,

Martin
Jackson, MS
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk,
my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if
I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem
quite so funny.