Re: NANFA-- Collecting ethics

anutej_at_loxinfo.co.th
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:30:54 +0700

As is the dwarf botia [Botia sidthimunki] so common in the hobby is
officially extinct [unless new survey sometimes in the future find
any] in Thailand now thanks to destruction of floodplain habitat and
creation of dams blocking the migratory route [development]. The law
comes out far too late and impact the breeding attempts so most fish
farms breed them "underground". Fortunately[?] officials usually
don't care much about hundreds of this loaches in shipping boxes
exported so the commercial breeding can continue.

Tony