Re: NANFA-- yellow phase Banded Sculpin ?

BILL HOPPE (zzzzzzbill_at_yahoo.com)
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:40:57 -0700 (PDT)

I too think most yellow ones get eaten young . I have
them in a tank with natural creek gravel and he stands
out while the others can be hard to spot right out
front .

Why Yellville ? It saves on phoine bills . There is
also a Yell County and they were named after Govenor
Yell .

All of them can have some yellow flecks or a faint
blush of yellow . This one so far keeps an almost
solid yellow color. In the dark they can have a leaf
green with tan ,cream ,white plus very black markings
Which fades in the sunshine . I understand large males
may keep those darkness colors .

I put the note with the photo because even I would
look right past it and I knew it was there . Good camo
.

=====
Bill Hoppe
Yellville Arkansas