Re: NANFA-- Fw: The Minnesota Abuses

Todd Crail (farmertodd_at_buckeye-express.com)
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:03:40 -0500

Yeah there's always two sides to a story, and when you only get one side,
it's pretty easy for that side to make a convincing argument that the other
party was soooooo wrong.

I think of one time that a friend was screaming about police harrassment.
He works the 3am trick at UPS and was pulled over on suspicion of driving
under the influence and speeding on his way into work. He had gone left of
center a couple times, which isn't unnormal for him... He's one of the true
ADHD cases that I know of, and is one who could actually benefit from the
drugs.

The cop pulled him over ran a full sobriety test on him, and "gave him the
thirteenth degree". So this made him late for work, he was issued some
citation for his erratic driving, but no DUI, because he wasn't "drunk".
And he was pissed about the whole thing.

So after hearing 20 minutes of this, I thought to ask... Had you been
drinking before you went to bed (knowing that he could be a heavy drinker).
His response.... "Well I went to sleep first! Jeez!"

Oh... So you took your 3 hour nap between 11:30 and 2:30 and that just
magically makes your stupor go away? Unfortunately, alcohol doesn't get
processed as fast as we'd like it to be sometimes.

I actually kinda wish he hadn't passed the field test.

So I'm sure the cop felt he let him off light, having smelled it, watched
the poor driving and then been frustrated that he had to be fair because he
passed the initial field tests.

There's always two sides...