Re: NANFA-- duckweed removal and headlamp questions

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:10:18 EST

In a message dated 3/16/04 2:19:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
shinerscoop_at_bellsouth.net writes:

> Ther's a crappie light that is floted on a syrofoam ring that I've seen. Its
> a 12 volt headlight that is partially submerged. Probably will build up
lots
> of heat if left on though.

I know this is off topic but if you ever get the chance you should try and
hang a crappie light off the end if an ocean fishing pier on a night when the
sea is glassy smooth. You wouldn't believe the "things" that come to the light.
I used to pier fish a lot and in the summer when fishing was slow this guy I
knew would bring out his crappie light when the ocean was calm and the moon was
dark. I saw stuff I couldn't even come close to identifying. Squids,
crustaceans, fish, things that looked like animated seaweed. It was one of the wildest
experiences I've had at the ocean that didn't involve scuba gear.

Moon