NANFA-- RE: earthday nanfa

Nick Zarlinga (njz_at_clevelandmetroparks.com)
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:24:18 -0500

Thank for the info. I will forward this information to our list. I believe
that we have some members in California.

See below for more info on our organization.

Thanks for visiting NANFA. We are a diverse group of individuals,
professionals and amatuers alike, who share an interest in the conservation,
study and captive husbandry of North America's native fish. I will forward
your request to our list server, and any responses to your inquirery will be
forwarded to you. In addition, you may receive direct correspondence from
some of our members.

The purposes of the North American Native Fishes Association are:
-to increase and disseminate knowledge about native North American
Fishes;
-to promote practical programs for their conservation and the
protection/restoration of their natural habitats;
-to advance the educational, scientific and conservation benefits of
captive maintenance and husbandry;
-to encourage the legal, environmentally responsible collection of native
fishes for private aquaria as a valid use of a natrual resource;
-to provide a forum for the fellowship and camaraderie among its members

Membership dues are $20 per year. Benefits include:
-AMERICAN CURRENTS - a quartarly publication featurning articles and news
items on collecting, keeping, observing, conserving and breeding North
American fishes.
-REGIONAL NANFA CHAPTERS - regional groups where members may get together
to collect and discuss native fishes, remove exotics, and perform conservation
and stream restoration work.
-NEW MEMBER PACKET - An 8 page newsletter that's sent to new NANFA
members intorducing them to NANFA and to the fascinating world of collecting,
keeping and conserving North America's native fishes.
-ANNUAL CONVENTION - Where NANFA members from around the country meet for
lectures, collecting trips, raffles, auctions, fun and finship.
-GRANT FUNDING - Yearly funding available through NANFA's Gerald C.
Corcoran Educational Grant made possible by NANFA members.

In addition, we also have a list server for the discussion of native fish
appreciation.

For details to all this and more, go to www.NANFA.org <http://www.NANFA.org>.

Happy fishing!

Nick Zarlinga