NANFA-- Re: Thanks everyone who reply and more questions

tony (anutej_at_loxinfo.co.th)
Thu, 11 May 2000 21:22:12 +0700

I had read in an old TFH article and it seemed to be that the yellowfin
shiner with yellow head and fins breeding male was from Broad river area. Dave,
thanks for the info. Now, I forgot whether or not I asked this question before,
but has anybody here keep and breed saffron and Tennessee shiners? Will they hold
their color in warmwater tank? I have seen some Tennessee shiners at the
Tennessee aquarium last May and they are among the reddest real life cyprinids I
have seen. Another question: how many color form are there of rough shiner and
what the normal and breeding color are actually like? Anything comparable to
taillight and yellowfin shiners? Are there any other red minnow in the Southeast
region?
About B.G. comment...well, well...if a lot of people in NA have an interest
in tropicals then it is sooner or later people around the world [eg. me] will be
interested in NA natives since many NA shiners and darters are among the most
colorful freshwater fishes.
Tony