Re: NANFA-- cooking sunfish

Ty (tyhall_at_mia.net)
Wed, 30 May 2001 11:46:57 -0500

Gupp wrote:

> Ty wrote:
> >
> > Take the boys fishing and leave the old man at home.
> >
> > Ty
>
> If it were only that easy. I kept thinking I could get to that point,
> but life has a funny way of changing a persons plans. The 2 oldest boys
> would be fine. I kept thinking the once youngest third would get to the
> point where he would be safe on a boat, but it didn't work out that way.
> He's autistic and would need constant supervision, which I could provide
> except then we got number 4 who's now 9 months old (there will be no
> more) and I can't deal with both of them and still be able to show the
> older 2 how to fish, change their lures, handle a boat, and remove any
> fish they may catch from the hooks. The "old man" won't watch the baby
> for more than an hour or two and that's not enough time to fish. Sadly
> by the time the baby's old enough the oldest will be all grown up and
> out of the house. Guess I just need to find a good and helpful fishing
> partner. :)
>
> Rhonda

It's never easy trying to raise kids! I would suggest that you simply find someone
to watch some of the kids while you take the others out fishing. There's nothing
that says you all have to go at the same time. Besides, it would be a special time
with Mom and away from the others. How about a Grandpa or Grandma to help you out?
Aunts, Uncles? There's got to be a fisherman out there somewhere willing to help
you. Whatever the case, good luck with the kids, it sounds like you have your
hands full. I only have two and I know that sometimes they could be a hand full, I
can't even imagine four.

One more recommendation, in my area they have so-called urban fishing ponds.No
need for a boat. Most of these are in parks and have plenty of other activities to
keep the kids busy when the fishing isn't so hot. Check and see if there are any
in your area.

Good luck!

Ty