Re: NANFA-- native grasses on Bush ranch

Harry Knaub (harryknaub_at_netrax.net)
Tue, 07 May 2002 22:02:23 -0400

Jay,
I can't quote any specific sources, I'm just relaying what I hear in the news,
many times made as offhand remarks by reporters. Recently, a report on Bush
waiting for the Saudi prince to show up at the ranch made mention of Bush standing
on his lawn of native grasses. How accurate this was, I don't know, but there have
been other things mentioned such as collecting rainwater from the roofs for
watering plants. Not that this makes anyone an environmentalist, but I just find
it somewhat contradictory to be a conservationist at home and yet tow the
Republican party line in the White House. Of course, this all pretty much
dependent upon my memory, as poor as that is sometimes. But since I'm not a big
fan of George W. Bush, I wouldn't just make up things that are, in my opinion,
complimentary.

Harry Knaub