Re: NANFA-- Milfoil Update/Wintering Pond Plants

Karotin Bugsy (sege7_2000_at_yahoo.com)
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:13:45 -0800 (PST)

I have had pretty good success using fertilome which
has a number of the trace elements suitably chelated
for use in aquariums. Being chelated keeps the trace
metal in the form that the plant can use and not
oxidized where they would precipitate out again. For
Potassium nitrate and potassium sulfate I bought stump
remover at home depot and I ordered the other chemical
from Nasco. They wanted a letter stating what I was
going to use it for, I sent a copy of the sears conlin
paper and a short description of my usage. Iron in
its oxided form is virtually insoluble and amounts to
just another decoration in your tank.