RE: NANFA-- Clams of Tennessee

Denkhaus, Robert (DenkhaR_at_Ci.Fort-Worth.TX.US)
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 08:52:36 -0600

Mark,

Texas has an excellent freshwater mussel book (Howells, R.G., R. W. Neck,
and H.D. Murray. 1996. Freshwater mussels of Texas. Univ. Texas Press.
Austin. 218pp.) that I highly recommend for its basic mussel ecology
information as well as specific Texas information. You can check it out at
http://www.utexas.edu/utpress/books/howfrp.html.

Also, some other freshwater mussel information is available at the following
sites:

http://www.dcnr.state.al.us/agfd/mussel.html

http://www.inhs.uiuc.edu/cbd/musselmanual/TofC.html

http://coa.acnatsci.org/conchnet/uniobio.html