RE: NANFA-- Re: Environment down the tubes

Crail, Todd (tcrail_at_northshores.com)
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:05:14 -0500

Or building solar panels into the structures themselves. Or putting solar
panels on highway bridges, parking blocks, planters in the middle of the
street. They just sit there reflecting sun all day long.

For example, a large corporation that I worked for spent $1.5 million per
*quarter* heating and cooling their sky scraper. How many solar panels does
$1.5 million buy? This became a whole issue for moving to a new campus,
especially when this corporation was Owens Corning who tries to sell their
product with energy EFFICIENCY in mind.

Their solution was to threaten the city with moving where someone would
accomodate their energy needs because it looked bad and they were tired of
paying it. Why did the city have to also add a 15 year tax abatement to keep
them? How many solar panels would that buy?

I guess what I'm getting at is... Being green about things really can save
money, a *lot* of it, and it doesn't mean you have to subscribe to a whole
slew of leftist idealogies and -isms-.

And it really is simple, people just have to change the way they think about
things a little bit :)