Re: NANFA-- RE: Does anyone here

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Sun, 02 Nov 2003 14:49:27 -0500

<x-flowed>
B.G., Ruth and I just went through some psychotic-level interactions with
the local post office. The only rational person we spoke to was a postal
inspector, who told us he has his own private mail box and would never mail
anything of value through the USPS. Unless one of your congressional
representatives is very different from ours, their offices will also be
useless for addressing problems in postal service. Unfortunately, the USPS
is the only major carrier that will usually knowingly accept live fish for
transport. I can only suggest that we be happy with a 90% sucess rate, the
fact that the USPS will lose upwards of 10% of even premium level packages
or delay their delivery might just have to be a cost of doing business. That
ain't much help, just my experience(!).

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "B.G. Granier" <bgkajun_at_worldnet.att.net>
>To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
>Subject: NANFA-- RE: Does anyone here
>Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 12:08:49 -0600
>
>Hi all,
>
>Does anyone on this list work for the US Postal Service? I'm having a
>really
>hard time understanding how I can spend a lot of money with them and
>receive
>such mediocre service..
>
>Can someone put me in touch with a USPS official who really cares about a
>customer's concerns?
>
>Sorry to beat a "dead-horse" but I'm getting tired of sending suggestions
>and
>complaints to their e-mail contact address and just getting a 'song and
>dance"
>routine in return. (automated, who cares content, etc.)
>
>I sent 4 Express mail packages containing live fish this past week, three
>of
>them arrived on or before the promised deadline, the fourth is still in
>their
>system with little hope of the contents' survival since it should have been
>delivered Thursday by noon to an Indianapolis address which happens to be a
>High School biology class.
>
>Sorry about bending your ears, er:eyes, but I would really like some help
>with
>this if anyone knows of someone who can help....
>
>Thanks,
>
>BG
</x-flowed>