Re: NANFA-- Re: Electric Cuurent...was-- sunfish

Todd Crail (
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:15:41 -0500

Here's a little extra:

Any of the big mail order places carry them now. I don't know if Ty does
mail order... Jonah? You sell 'em? Support your "local" stores if you can,
but if not... Go mail order.

I don't set up an aquarium that has electricity in it without. I've seen
too many devices go to the "dark side" of leaking voltage. :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lance Merry" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Re: Electric Cuurent...was-- sunfish

> Well hey I'll try it out. I didn't know they made anything like that.
Where would they sell it at? I just called Ken's Aquarium and they don't
have anything like it and I'm scared to go into Pet Care...last time I got
myself into a bitching contest with the manager about how they take care of
their fish =P
> Ty Hall <> wrote:
> Lance and all, a little tip. If you are using electric devices in your
aquarium (and who isn't?) there is a device you should really look into
adding. It's called a Grounding Probe. The brand I offer, in my shop, is
called Rid-Volt. It's around $15. It's simply a probe you place in the tank
and plug the other end into an available outlet. It will safely ground your
aquarium and remove any stray voltage that may be leaking into the tank. I
recommend them especially to people that have a tank that always has
problems, no matter what they
> do. Most of the time stray voltage can be the culprit. You can use a volt
meter to check for stray voltage in your tank. You should be able to find
them at your local fish shop. For the price it's cheap insurance.
/"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to
/ For a digest version, send the command to
/ instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,