Re: NANFA-- Metal Bands for Closing Plastic Bags

Bill Flowers (bloomin_at_indy.net)
Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:58:37 -0500

<x-flowed>
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but when i was a
kid some of the farmers used hog rings to mark their hogs and you used a
hog ring pliers to put them in. We Also would use the rings to fasten
fence around fence posts or fence lengths together.

http://www.road-runner-merit.com/cgi-bin/RRMstore.pl?user_action=list&category=Hog%20Rings%20%26%20Pliers

http://www.hooverfence.com/tools/hog-ring-pliers.htm

http://www.sjoberg.thomasregister.com/olc/59511105/hogrings.htm

Hope this helps
Bill Flowers

Mark wrote:

> Well, since you were all so helpful with the cheap pool project, I
> have another one I need help with. You know those little metal bands
> they use to close the big bags of ice you get at the carry out? They
> look like they are applied using some kind of tool that crimps the
> band around the neck of the bag, securing it tightly. I'm looking for
> that tool and those bands. I don't know what they are called and I
> can't seem to find them. Anyone have a clue? I think they are also
> used by some of the tropical fish wholesalers for sealing their bags.
> Maybe that will be a lead. I have a couple of applications for which
> I think these will be ideal. Many thanks for any leads.
</x-flowed>