Re: NANFA-- Natives should get TV exposure

Robert Carillio (darterman_at_hotmail.com)
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 16:25:47 EDT

I agree completely with that, and I also will add to it and say, that many
people don't realize that the fish they get in a pet store are "native" to
some part of the world, and to the locals there, could be percieved in much
the same fashion that our local people percieve our local fish. Also, I want
to add, and say that often the tropical aquarium is a "mish mosh" of fishes
that don't even live together in the wild. Many are also "man made" fish
produced through different breeding methods. I will bet that if many of the
tropical fish enthusiasts saw many of their beloved fish as they are "in the
raw", "un-plugged" in their native environment, and if they knew where they
came from, that they probably would not have the same appeal as they do when
presented in the store. This is where I believe native fish enthusiasts have
a much deeper thought perception, and have "graduated" beyond the realm of
mainstream thinking!!!!.... HA!