Re: NANFA-- Natives should get TV exposure

Robert Carillio (darterman_at_hotmail.com)
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:15:58 EDT

Here is one way to get these channels to look at natives, but I doubt it
would happen due to it relying on every nanfa member to write letters!!!...
Here it is: If every nanfa member sent in a letter of support for showing
this native fish footage on their channel (Bill Roston footage), and if the
network received some 500 letters pretty much ALL AT ONCE ALONG WITH A COPY
OF THE VIDEO, This just may get a response!!!... This is do-able, and worth
a try. Perhaps this is something that can be encouraged through A/C as this
publication reaches all nanfa members. We can even have a form letter that
could be signed by the member, or a couple of sample letters that they could
erite to help them a long the way. At least we will be heard, and someone at
Discovery will know.... and they can't "UNKNOW" it!!! I say this is worth a
try... what do we have to lose, as this will cost nothing!!!!