Re: NANFA-- rationality?

mcclurg luke e (mcclurgl_at_washburn.edu)
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 17:17:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Roselawn Museum wrote:

> Dave
>
> Your points are well taken, and precisely the reason I proposed a
> debate...not to squelch the thread, or even the heat of it, but rather
> emphasize the meat of the issues more than personal attacks. I'm not even
> all that uncomfortable with the latter. I can always sit back and say, as
> some Georgians do, "My dog ain't in that fight." However, when Kansas
> farmers (many of whom hold degrees) are portrayed as hicks, or when someone
> wishes for your death by a rampant bus, I'm sure you can appreciate how
> many folks on the list could easily lose respect for the entire argument,
> if not the participants. Speaking just for myself...educate me! (-:
>
> Respectfully,
> Steven A. Ellis
> Kennesaw, GA

Actually Steven, you're right. I apologize for that ugly remark and
several others. I could claim lose of my emotional control, but that
still does not excuse it. My apologies to DAve and anyone else I
purposely or unintentionally insulted.

Luke