Re: NANFA-L-- California Natives - They're All Threatened or

J. C. (hillbillynursery-in-yahoo.com)
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:08:22 -0700 (PDT)

Yes that is the one. The fish I caught about 6 years
ago has to be one of the 2 you mentioned. I looked
into the rules on seining and trapping minnows. If it
is not on the federal endangered list you can legally
catch them and use them for personal bait. But TN has
a protection statis on them so if you catch and sell
bait fish you are given a wider list of fish you can
not take and the barrens topminnow is on that list.
But since they are given a protection from the state
they are illegal to catch and put in aquaria without a
permit. All this info was word of mouth and not writen
rules from a wildlife officer. Since it will be
atleast next summer I have alot of time to research
this.

Later, J. C.

P.S. I found this group by doing google search for
them.

http://mail.yahoo.com