Re: NANFA-L-- eels

Mike Haren (mh4mac-in-comcast.net)
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 22:55:59 -0500

Geoff,

I have been keeping two eels that were collected in my 40 now 90 gal
tank. Both are young and one is much smaller than the other but they
work great as tank cleaners and tend to actually live in the gravel and
come out when the light dims.
They are extremely healthy and do well with the darters, mudminnows and
pirate perch as well as the two crayfish who have made claim to
driftwood in my tank .
These guys eat anything but go nuts when I chop up earth worms. They
will even come out in the day for that scent. I love having them and
are a joy to watch in between when the primary 10k light goes off and
the actin is on for the hour before it kicks off and only the LED's are
on. They come out and start to prob the tank smelling for something
good.

Mike H.
Toms River, NJ