RE: NANFA-L-- eels

dobroblues (dobroblues-in-bellsouth.net)
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 19:42:33 -0500

Yes, this has been most interesting. I even got motivated and looked up some
info about eels -- I never realized the complexity of their life cycle or
the importance of eels as an export. All I ever knew about them was that
they get slime all over a trotline.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org [owner-nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org] On Behalf Of
geoffrey kimber
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:11 PM
To: nanfa-l-in-nanfa.org
Subject: Re: NANFA-L-- eels

well, this has been most informative, thank you all.

If I decide to keep an eel, it will be in a tank dedicated to the fish
alone and I guess I cannot expect to see much of it during the day.

Not being able to see a fish *at all* really puts a limit on my
enthusiasm for it. I don't mind dedicating a tank to it and I don't
really want a 'pet' like an oscar, but I would like to observe
behaviors from time to time.

I know that striper season is in the fall and spring, so I expect that
I willbe able to find the eels again next spring if I miss them now.

Again, thanks.