RE: NANFA-L-- central mudminnow gravel consumption (Todd)

Crail, Todd (tcrail-in-UTNet.UToledo.Edu)
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:21:32 -0500

I took a look-in-the Hikari today-in-the LFS. Looks like everything sinks. Oh
well, I guess I'll keep using the hornwort.

Hornwort does well in really low light if you float it-in-the top. I would
also have a fixed spectrum bulb rather than the purple ones that come with the
hoods. I like the GE ones they have-in-the Home Creepo and they're about 1/2
to 1/3 as much as-in-the chain LFS (although if you have a good local shop,
please seriously consider supporting them with in reason!). I prefer the
light color in the bathroom and kitchen bulbs to the plant and aquarium bulbs.

I was able to get it to really grow and to not drop lower leaves planted with
two 18 watt bulbs on a 20 high and with two 20 watt bulbs in a 40 high.
Shorter tanks will allow for less coverage.

You should see what it does under halide. It's sick :)

Todd
The Icy Muddy Madness, Toledo, OH
http://www.farmertodd.com