RE: NANFA-L-- Metal Tanks

Nick Zarlinga (njz-in-clevelandmetroparks.com)
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 07:13:41 -0500

Generally speaking, standard silicone does not stick very well to acrylic.
There are some silicone adhesive formulas which do stick better, however I
would be very cautious on the application. I like the fiberglass idea.
Don't get stuck in the "get it done quickly,-in-all costs" idea. In
addition to animals' lives here, not fixing it right is like making a tank
out of sugar. Water has a funny way of not staying where you want it.

Nick Zarlinga
Aquarium Biologist
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
216.661.6500 ext 4485