NANFA-L-- email list guidelines?

Derek Parr (derekparr-in-earthlink.net)
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:31:35 -0400

I think we may be getting heavily into the personal tastes arena..
Because, even though I may be the only one, I actually prefer having the
conversation. It can be such a pain to have to go back and try and
figure out what were the previous messages in the thread to catch up on
the flow of a thread, particularly when the subjects get changed mid
thread. And there are good reasons for that to happen too, since
subject matters can change mid-thread. And I also find partial quotings
to occasionally be inadequate since sometimes the context is lost.

Since everyone has different opinions and preferences, would it not be
better to find a personal solution rather than trying to convince a
whole population to follow rules they may not agree with?

as for the html email bit.. I 100% agree, but some email programs are
limited in their abilities to do "normal" text email, and of course the
fact that many people aren't as interested as you or me in becoming
email experts. ;]

-derek parr
cape fear river basin, Chapel Hill, NC