NANFA-L-- larva ID- [was pipefishes in the Chesapeake Bay]

pinocchio (antilupa-in-yahoo.com)
Sat, 1 Jul 2006 07:46:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hello hello,
No it is not about pipefishes. I tried 3-4 times to
locate on my own some collecting spots, but no success
as yet. I will try again in the fall, before I'll let
you Gentlemen know of some reliable spots.

Here is another question:
Lately, I did some surf casting on Assateague Island
and besides some fish that does not fit a normal sized
aquarium, I also captured some larvae with a small
hand net. Those little larvae were quite common this
time of the year. Took some home and they live very
well between macroalgae. Very voracious, hunting
amphipods and little planaria like (nudibranchs?)
worms. Are those creatures Anguilla larvae, reaching
the Atlantic coast all the way from Sargasso Sea or
something else? I can take more pictures if needed.

Any comments will be appreciated.
Here is a temporary link:
http://www.2ba2.com/eel/eel.htm

Thank you