RE: NANFA-L-- larva ID- Anguilla rostrata-[was pipefishes in

pinocchio (antilupa-in-yahoo.com)
Tue, 4 Jul 2006 05:54:37 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you Bruce for confirmation. Indeed, it is
amazing all this long treck from Sargasso to the
Atlantic Coast.

And indeed those little rods are cleaning thoroughly
the tank of anything which moves and is small enough
to be swallowed! When I netted them in the surf they
were transparent and nearly invisible. In the tank
they got darker, with transparent visceral wall...one
can see very well the vascularization....

http://mail.yahoo.com