Re: NANFA-L-- Live Culture Options

Jase Roberts (nanfa_list-in-jaseroberts.net)
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:48:48 -0500

Thanks, Patrick, for your notes on blackworms. I'm giving it a shot both in a bare plastic shoebox as you suggest, and a second box with aeration and some polyester batting as substrate / biological filter medium. We'll see how it goes.

Anyone else have tips on blackworms or other largish live foods you raise? Anyone tried to culture fly larvae (maggots)? I just got 1000 from grubco, and my fish seem to respond to them pretty well.

Cheers,
Jase
Montpelier, Vermont