Re: NANFA-L-- snakehead news clip

Bob Bock (bockhouse at earthlink.net)
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:19:13 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Just watched the clip. Did you see how large some of those snakeheads were? Most probably, they're under three years of age. That's some fast growth. How long does it take a largemouth bass to get that big?

-----Original Message-----
From: swel0828 at brockport.edu
Sent: Oct 12, 2005 6:51 PM
To: nanfa-l at nanfa.org
Subject: NANFA-L-- snakehead news clip

Hello again -

I just wanted to know if that clip (left side of website) is for real???

I can't imagine a real biologist would actually promote the
consumption of this unwanted invasive species in his region!

The story seems legitimate, but that news release is a joke- or should be.

These fish will eat/replace many native fishes that inhabit those waters - and quick.
I would be shocking the _ _ _ _ out of that water at will - until no snakehead came up.

If the states are smart they will start the legislation process now to ban the possession/consumption
of this species before the exotic sportfish tag glue dries....

Scott M. Wells
Graduate Research Assistant
Longear Sunfish Project
Dept. of Env. Sci. & Biology