Re: NANFA-L-- red shiner

henryt at uwm.edu
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:25:11 -0500

Hi,

We use embryonic and larval zebrafish in our developmental tox and other
studies. We spawn the adults in a double-decker pan type setup: You can cut
the bottoms out of tupperware containers, mouse or rat cages, Cambro ware
(think salad bar containers for the lettuce etc in restaurants. can get them
from restaurant supply stores) or other plastic ware and replace with netting.
We buy the netting from Aquatic-Ecosystems The Cambro ware comes in lots of
different sizes from 1.5 liter to 32 liter sizes. We cut the bottoms out and
use silicon glue ( be careful as some glues are toxic to baby fish!. to attach
the netting. This container is then placed inside the same type of container
only unmodified and filled with water. The fish are added and left to let
nature take its course. When you need the eggs, you remove the fisha nd
separate the containers. The bottom container containing the eggs.

any question feel free to contact me.

Henryt